Friday 20 March 2015

Mark's next 3 paintings!

Tree 19, 20 and Corn Fields
Over the last couple of months Mark has been busy working on 4 paintings, he tends to switch between them depending on what mood he is in and which one is working best for him at the time.  One he got hooked on and that was the first to be finished.
tree 19 named 1
We don't tend to come up with fancy names for his paintings, I just number them so that when I am selling cards and prints at market I can write in my book quickly between customers which ones I have sold. So I now know this one as Tree 19.
The next one to be finished was an interesting one, because it was a combination of his old style and his new style, which we intend to do prints of in 2 ways, the first being the entire picture and the second will just be a square of the bottom half as we think this will make an interesting image in its own right!
corn field smallnamed
This painting is known as Corn Field
The third painting is also slightly different in that he has included something else with his usual tree, he's not one to paint people and animals as there is a certain amount of accuracy needed in portraits which Mark does not like the constraints attached to them, but I am loving this Stag!
ART Tree 20 woodland stag small named
I call this one Tree 20 but Mark calls it Woodland Stag!
I am just waiting for the postman to deliver the new prints of these paintings, unfortunately they came when we were out so they took them away again! So hopefully they will arrive over the next couple of days then I can get them made up ready for the Castle Green market on Saturday.
He started the next painting this weekend and he is promising big surprises with this one!
Mark is also working on setting up his own website, exclusively just for his artwork. I will let you know when its published.

No comments:

Post a Comment