Friday 20 March 2015

Event Dates

Event Dates for 2013
After lots and lots of research, emails, application forms and confirmations (which are still ongoing!) I am finallay getting there with my events diary for 2013.
As a crafter organising and getting booked in to all the events you want to go to is a bit of a chore (especially when it is the first time in a new area), I have spent the best part of two weeks now doing it, but I always say it is better to get as much done now in the quiet months when we are not trading, not only to secure your place, but also so you dont have to worry about it and you can get on with organizing all the other things that are important to you, like holidays!!
After closing the shop, I said my aim this year was to have a bit of fun - why shouldn't work be fun? and I have got my self (some might say gruelling) a fun packed year of events lined up, with lots of regular weekly and monthly markets and also some larger events, including Farmfest and Watchet (and hopefully Glastonbury but we have not had confirmation yet) music festivals - which is where the fun bit comes in!! I am also going to be doing a big charity event - Race for life in Bath, I will be both trading and participating (Mark will man the stand) and 10% of my takings will be going to Cancer Research Uk.
A full list of all the events I will be attending is below and you can visit my events page for a calender.
My other aims for this year is to get my work and Marks in some local arts and crafts gift shops and galleries, we haven't been able to confirm anything to date but I am in talks with a shop in Wellington and an arts centre in Ilminster and I hope to bring news about those shortly.  I will also be trying to get a gallery in Taunton and Martock to take our work on a sale or return commission basis.
I have been making a few changes to my website, I gave all my makers who supplied the shop in Holsworthy the choice to stay on the website, some took me up on the offer, but quite a few decided they would rather go their own way, which is fine, I am happy to give out their contact details should anyone need them.
Mark is busy painting away and is working on a couple of new paintings from his "Tree of Life" series.  We are also working with a puzzle maker to get his paintings made into puzzles.  He is looking forward to finishing his contract for his "proper job" and going self employed in May, when he can become a full time artist and hedge layer (need a hedge laying? visit his website).
As well as all of the above, of course I have been busy making new items, especially pieces for Valentines day, I have made a dedicated Valentines Day shop page on my website for all those men out their that need a little help!
So as spring is drawing ever closer, I am looking forward to when the craft fair calender begins and we can all get out there and show the world what a bunch of talented people we all are.
Hope to see you there!!
ARTtree 4  JEW daisy purp
Honiton Market every Tuesday
Tiverton Market twice a month on Fridays
Bath Guildhall once a month on Saturdays
Bath Firends Meeting House once a month on Saturdays
The Brewhouse, Taunton onece a month on Saturdays
Uffculme Show 6th May
Farmfest Festival 26-29 July
Watchet Festival 23-26 August
Glastonbury Festival (still to be confirmed) 27-30 June
Race for Life Bath 16th April
IMEX 8th June
Honiton Show 1st August
North Devon Show 7th August
Holsworthy Memorial Hall 9th November
114 trading days out 365 that's over 250 more days to have even more fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment