Friday 20 March 2015

BIG Sales!

Big Sales and Challenges Met
I met a couple at Holsworthy Memorial Hall at the Family workshop in May, who had just moved to Halwill and were looking for a large picture for their new large room, after flicking through the few prints I had with me on my stand, I told them to go and meet my husband (the artist) who was in the shop in the Square, round the corner.
A good chat was had and the order for a  4ft x 4ft framed print was placed.  After much toing and frowing with the printer (as this was a very large print), a few considerations had to be put in place, namely was it possible to go that large, as it happens he couldnt print that big but he new a man he could.  And so the print was printed and then framed.
Then came the next problem, how to deliver it, the printer said "it wont fit in my car", and I said "well if it wont fit in yours it wont fit in mine!" So I phoned the couple "Oh yes they said we have a land rover".  "Excellent" I said "I will meet you at the printers".
Upon arrival at the printers, once approval of the print was made, we tried it this way and we tried it that way, "prehaps if you wound down the back window, the corner could stick out" was said, no that wouldnt work, "do your seats come out completely", no, hmm.
Not one to be defeated and always happy to meet a challenge, it was time to know yet another man who can! Luckily my neighbour has a van!! It was agreed the print would be delivered on Sunday morning before the couples guests arrived for their Jubilee Celebrations.
And so it arrived to its new home and as you can see all is well.
Mark 4ftx4ft print 4ftx4ft print 
With MarkMounted in its final resting place
Mark has always been a painter, but until we opened the shop, has only really painted for himself, family and friends.  Since the opening of the shop his work has been admired by many, with his series of trees proving to be extremely popular.  We have sold greeting cards of his work for some time now, but in March we had our first prints made, already we have sold a few including this large print of the second tree in the series.  It was a challenge, but one we rose to, and hopefully it wont be the last.
To see more of Marks work, please visit this websites shop where you will find his own page.  For prints please feel free to contact me.
I hope you enjoy his work as much as we do.
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment