Friday 20 March 2015

January 2015

Brrrrhhhhrr!
Its that time of year again when I go into a bit of hibernation!
Often it is too windy and wet for my gazebo to protect me and my stock to come out trading, but I will if I can! So hopefully the weather wont be too mean to us and you can find me on the Castle Green in Taunton and sometimes at Wells Street market. Hopefully however by March when things have all calmed down I will be out trading properly again, weekly and you can add Glastonbury to the regular weekly events list, I will try to keep my events pages up to date so you can at least check if I'm going to be somewhere before you venture out!! I will highlight it in blue if I'm coming.
1545613_758954730826502_1023915912318224523_n  
I'm not sure how I am going to play this year, as a lot of the larger events I went to last year were a little disappointing for one reason or another, I am also considering getting a "proper job" as we need to earn a bit extra to get our roof in France completed!!
Ideally I would like to find something part time a few days a week so that I can stick to my regular markets with a few extras added in, so hopefully I will be able to continue with Castle Green Taunton with the BHBAGlastonbury and Wells Street Markets and Seaton Artisan Market. I am also applying this year for Redlands Street Fair on May 4th, maybe Illminster Mid Summer Experience on 6th June (but this clashes with Seaton and Taunton so not sure which yet), maybe Blackdown Hills Woodland Fair on the 20th, I am considering seeing if I can get onto Sidmouth Folk week (maybe a few selected days in the week), Silverton Street Market (again clashes with others so a decision will need to be made), Honiton Show with the BHBA is a must on the 6th August! and Drayton Street Fair on the 29th. I am also considering perhaps coming to Bristols St Nicholas Market (if I can get on) once a month, maybe the 3rd Saturday of the month. And that is as far as I have got this year!
So back to what I will be doing over the next couple of months, well mainly staying warm!!
This month is my "get myself sorted" month, so its boring stuff like account updating, getting spreadsheets ready for the next year and making sure the website is all up to date, Yes there is a boring side to being a crafter!!! Its not all make make make!!
But I will be making some stuff too, I hope to be able to launch a new product (one we have been meaning to do for ages but never really get around to it), Mark and I will both be doing our own spin on them, hopefully they will emerge ready for Valentine's and Mother's Day.
I also have a list of things as long as my arm to complete for the next busy season, but that's all boring house stuff, and hopefully if the rains dont come and I don't have to build an ark this year I can get out on the veg patch and get that ready.
As ever tho (even if I cant get out to events) the website shop is up, running and open for business!
See you all soon.
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment